Important warning! The AOSEPT® PLUS HydraGlyde® solution is completely different from a multifunctional skin care product! Therefore, it is very important that you follow the instructions of your ophthalmologist / eye care professional regarding the use of this product.
THIS LEAFLET CONTAINS IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON THE USE OF THE PRODUCT AND SAFETY INFORMATION. PLEASE READ IT CAREFULLY AND KEEP IT FOR FUTURE REFERENCE! IMPROPER LENS CARE CAN RESULT IN SERIOUS EYE PROBLEMS.
The AOSEPT® PLUS Lens Care System with HydraGlyde® wetting matrix is suitable for cleaning, disinfecting, protein removal and storage of all soft contact lenses, including silicone hydrogel contact lenses.
The AOSEPT® PLUS lens care system includes AOSEPT® PLUS cleaning and disinfecting solution with HydraGlyde® wetting matrix, and the AOSEPT® PLUS lens case includes the transparent container, the lens holder (basket) attached to the removable top and the AODISCA neutralizing catalyst disc attached to the bottom.
Before use, make sure that the case contains AODISC, as it is essential for neutralising hydrogen peroxide. Always use AOSEPT® PLUS solution and AOSEPT® PLUS lens case together. The preservative-free, aqueous AOSEPT® PLUS solution with HydraGlyde wetting matrix contains 3% hydrogen peroxide, phosphonic acid (stabilizer), sodium chloride, phosphate (buffer system), polyoxamer (surfactant) and HydraGlyde wetting matrix (EOB0-21*. polyoxyethylene polyoxybutylene)
STERILE A Manufactured using aseptic manufacturing technology.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
- Wash your hands and wipe them dry with a clean towel!
- Remove the lens holder marked "L" and place the left lens on the bulge! Close the lens holder case, taking care not to pinch the lens in the holder!
- Repeat the process with the right lens, inserting it into the lens holder marked "R"
- Remove the AOSEPT® PLUS bottle, folding the fold-down bottle cap back to keep it out of the way!
- Flush the lenses in the lens holder with AOSEPT® PLUS solution for 5 seconds!
- Fill the container with AOSEPT® PLUS solution up to the mark! DO NOT ADD MORE OR LESS!
- Insert the lens holder into the AOSEPTA PLUS container and close it by washing it generously with sterile water or saline solution! off! Do not shake the container!
- Store the lens case in an upright position!
If bubble leakage is detected from the hole at the top of the lenses, this indicates the presence of undegraded AOSEPT® PLUS solution, pour the solution out of the lens case and wash the leaked solution from the surface where the AOSEPT® PLUS container and lens basket are placed with sterile saline solution! Wash your hands thoroughly before touching the lenses or your eyes! REPEAT THE DISINFECTION PROCESS DESCRIBED ABOVE!
9. Soak the lenses for at least 6 hours or overnight to allow the solution to neutralize.
10. Remove the lenses from the lens case!
11. Your lenses are ready to wear.
12. Pour out the used solution, rinse the AOSEPT® PLUS case and lens case with sterile saline solution! - DO NOT USE TISSUE OR ANY OTHER NON-STERILE SOLUTION!
13. Allow the lens basket and the container to air dry separately.
14. If you do not wish to use the lenses immediately after disinfection/concentration, you can store them in the AOSEPT® PLUS solution for up to 14 days in the AOSEPT® PLUS solution, with the AOSEPT® PLUS case sealed. Afterwards, perform the cleaning and disinfection process with AOSEPT® PLUS before fitting the lenses.
If your fitter recommends it:
Rinse lenses with sterile saline solution before insertion!
CONTRAINDICATIONS (when not to use the lenses)
Do not use in case of allergy to any of the ingredients!
Never use AOSEPT® PLUS for disinfection by heat!
- Do not use beyond the expiry date!
- Check the integrity of the bottle sealing foil before use! Do not use if the foil is damaged!
- Return the bottle cap after use!
- Use for up to 3 months after opening, then discard the remaining solution!
- Never touch the dropper end of the bottle to any surface as there is a risk of the solution becoming clogged!
- For each new bottle of AOSEPT® PLUS solution, use a new AOSEPT® PLUS lens cap attached to the bottle!
- Storage below 25°C.
- Always use the AOSEPT® PLUS solution at temperatures between 15°C and 25°C, as neutralisation may take longer than 6 hours below 15°C.
- Store out of direct sunlight!
- Consult your fitter before changing the fitting!
- NEVER TRY TO CLEAN OR RINSE YOUR LENSES WITH AOSEPT® PLUS SOLUTION IN YOUR HANDS! CONTACT WITH THE UNMIXED SOLUTION MAY CAUSE EXHAUSTION, DAMAGE TO THE SKIN.
- NEVER TRY TO CLEAN YOUR LENSES WITH A CLEANING PLATE OUTSIDE, AS THE CLEANER WILL INCREASE THE STAIN STABILITY AND THE RELEASE OF THE PLATE FROM THE LENS.
- ONLY USE AOSEPT® PLUS SIDEWALK ONLY! DO NOT USE ANY OTHER PACKAGE!
- Always make sure that you have kept the lenses in the supplied lens holder for at least 6 hours before applying the lenses (neutralization process). AOSEPT® PLUS LENSES ARE A VERY EFFECTIVE PROTECTIVE AGENT WHICH CREATES A HOT SENSATION when in contact with the eye. If you accidentally get the lens in your eye without removing it, take it out immediately and rinse your eyes with sterile water or saline solution when they are open.
Disinfect the lens again before fitting!
- Always use fresh AOSEPT® PLUS solution, never reuse the solution already used, as the disinfectant effect is no longer guaranteed.
- Never transfer AOSEPT® PLUS to another bottle!
- NEVER should not dilute or mix AOSEPT® PLUS with any other solution, as this may alter its effectiveness.
- DO NOT CONTAIN AOSEPEST® with NON-STERILE MATERIALS (INCLUDING BAGS AND NETTING) FOR DANGEROUS CONTAMINATION, WHICH MAY LEAD TO PERMANENT PERSONAL DISEASE.
- KEEP CLOSED TO PETS!
- If you ingest unconcentrated AOSEPT® PLUS solution, drink large quantities of water immediately and consult your doctor!
- Consult with your doctor or contact lens prescriber before using any medications while wearing contact lenses!
If persistent discomfort or irritation occurs during use, remove the lenses, discontinue use and consult your prescriber!
AOSEPT® PLUS solution with HydraGlyde® wetting matrix is available in 90 ml and 360 ml. All bottles of AOSEPT® PLUS solution containing HydraGlyde are supplied with a lens case containing ADDISC.